FORMER SOLDER DUPED OF Rs. 23 LAKH IN BUXAR
The case of alleged fraud of approximately Rs 23 lakh against former soldier Binod Kumar Ojha, who returned to his village from Pune in the Brahmapur police station area, is gaining momentum. Even three months after the FIR was registered, neither the accused have been arrested nor has any significant progress been made in the investigation. This is raising serious questions about the functioning of the local police.
FORMER SOLDER DUPED OF Rs. 23 LAKH IN BUXAR
13-DEC-ENG 18
RAJIV NAYAN AGRAWAL
BUXAR-----------------------------The case of alleged fraud of approximately Rs 23 lakh against former soldier Binod Kumar Ojha, who returned to his village from Pune in the Brahmapur police station area, is gaining momentum. Even three months after the FIR was registered, neither the accused have been arrested nor has any significant progress been made in the investigation. This is raising serious questions about the functioning of the local police.
Meanwhile, Dumraon SDPO Polast Kumar, reacting to the matter, said that "the police are investigating the case. Legal action will be taken based on the investigation."
Former soldier Binod Kumar Ojha, who had been living in Pune for the past 25 years, decided to set up an industry in his village Devkuli, inspired by the Bihar government's industrial promotion policy. He needed to buy land near the four-lane highway for the enterprise. During this time, he trusted his acquaintances Sanjay Kumar Ojha alias Muna Ojha and Sunita Ojha.
According to the victim Binod Ojha, both are accused of taking approximately Rs 23 lakh on the pretext of providing land, but neither provided the land nor returned the money. Instead, they threatened him when he demanded his money back.
According to the victim, he complained about the incident at the Brahmapur police station, but the police did not register an FIR for a long time. Later, after submitting an application to the SP on September 2, 2025, FIR number 176/25 was registered on September 9. Despite this, even after three months, neither any arrests have been made nor any significant steps have been taken in the investigation.
Former soldier Binod Ojha says that the delay in sending the case diary for supervision, the delay in receiving the supervision report, and the failure to arrest the accused despite arrest orders show the police's inaction. He also said that the accused are active on social media, but the police action seems sluggish.
Binod Ojha said that his decision to leave Maharashtra and set up an industry in Bihar now feels risky. “If the police continue with this attitude towards the problem, entrepreneurs will end up abandoning their businesses and spending all their time running between police stations and offices.” The victim, a former soldier, is demanding swift judicial action and the immediate arrest of the accused.
What's Your Reaction?
Like
0
Dislike
0
Love
0
Funny
0
Angry
0
Sad
0
Wow
0



