NAMES OF 35 LAKH VOTERS WILL BE DELETED IN BIHAR

Special Intensive Revision (SIR) campaign of voter list is going on in Bihar before the assembly elections. Under the process so far, names of more than 35 lakh voters are set to be removed from the list. These include those who have either been found dead, have permanently moved to other places or whose name is in more than one place. The Election Commission said on Monday that 83.66 percent of the counting forms have been received so far during the special intensive revision of the voter list in Bihar.

Jul 15, 2025 - 20:51
 0  0

NAMES OF 35 LAKH VOTERS WILL BE DELETED IN BIHAR

15-JULY-ENG 2

RAJIV NAYAN AGRAWAL

PATNA-------------------------Special Intensive Revision (SIR) campaign of voter list is going on in Bihar before the assembly elections. Under the process so far, names of more than 35 lakh voters are set to be removed from the list. These include those who have either been found dead, have permanently moved to other places or whose name is in more than one place. The Election Commission said on Monday that 83.66 percent of the counting forms have been received so far during the special intensive revision of the voter list in Bihar.

According to the Commission, the data so far has shown that 1.59 percent (12,55,620) voters have been found dead, while 2.2 percent (17,37,336) voters have permanently moved to other places. Apart from this, 0.73 percent (5,76,479) voters have been found registered at more than one place. According to the Commission, a total of 35,69,435 names will be removed from the voter list based on these figures. This number is not final and it is possible to increase in the coming days, as the process of filling the form is still going on.

The Commission said, out of a total of 7,89,69,844 voters in the state, forms of 6,60,67,208 voters have been received so far. Now only 11.82 percent voters are left, from whom the process of filling the form has to be completed. There are still 11 days left till the last date for submission of counting forms. Now only 11.82 percent voters have yet to submit the counting form. Many of these have sought time to submit the form along with the documents in the coming days. According to the Commission, 5.74 crore forms have been uploaded on the recently launched ECI-Net platform by the Election Commission till 6 pm on Monday.

The Commission assured that extensive efforts are being made to ensure that 'no eligible voter is left out'. Soon, one lakh BLOs (Booth Level Officers) will start the third round of door-to-door visits. They are also being assisted by 1.5 lakh BLAs (Booth Level Agents), who can certify and submit 50 enumeration forms per day. Keeping in mind the voters of urban areas, special camps are being organized in 5,683 wards of 261 urban local bodies (ULBs) of Bihar so that no urban voter is left out of the voter list.

For voters who have temporarily gone out of Bihar, they are being motivated to fill the form through advertisements in newspapers and direct contact. They can fill the form online from mobile through ECINET app or website https://voters.eci.gov.in. They can also send this form to the concerned BLO through family members, WhatsApp or other digital means.

The ECINET platform recently launched by the Election Commission is working as a unified platform by merging 40 old ECI applications. This platform is covering all the aspects of this special revision drive of Bihar and is operating efficiently.

What's Your Reaction?

Like Like 0
Dislike Dislike 0
Love Love 0
Funny Funny 0
Angry Angry 0
Sad Sad 0
Wow Wow 0