RISK OF ACCIDENT HIGH AS HEAVY VEHICLES ARE PLYING ON THE OVERBRIDGE
-Despite the ban on the movement of heavy vehicles on the Bihiya rail overbridge, the movement of such vehicles continues unabated. The movement of heavy vehicles was recently banned on the Bihiya rail overbridge located on Bihiya-Bihta State Highway 102 in Bhojpur district. But despite this, the movement of heavy vehicles laden with sand is not stopping. On Sunday evening and Monday morning, hundreds of sand laden trucks, tippers, containers and trailers continued to move without any hindrance
RISK OF ACCIDENT HIGH AS HEAVY VEHICLES ARE PLYING ON THE OVERBRIDGE
9-SEP-ENG 15
RAJIV NAYAN AGRAWAL
ARA--------------------------Despite the ban on the movement of heavy vehicles on the Bihiya rail overbridge, the movement of such vehicles continues unabated.
The movement of heavy vehicles was recently banned on the Bihiya rail overbridge located on Bihiya-Bihta State Highway 102 in Bhojpur district. But despite this, the movement of heavy vehicles laden with sand is not stopping. On Sunday evening and Monday morning, hundreds of sand laden trucks, tippers, containers and trailers continued to move without any hindrance.
According to the information, on August 26, Jagdishpur SDM Sanjeev Kumar and SDPO Rajesh Kumar Sharma had issued an order on a joint unsigned letter and completely banned the movement of heavy vehicles. In the letter issued by the officials, it was clarified that the railway overbridge located on the Patna-Buxar railway section and Bihiya-Jagdishpur State Highway 102 at Bihiya was inspected by the engineering officials of Central Railway. In this inspection, cracks were found in the bridge, due to which the officials decided that the operation of heavy vehicles on the bridge is not safe.
In view of this situation, the officials had also approved the installation of barricading on both ends of the ROB in the order with a safety warning. According to the order, barricading was done on both ends, but anti-social elements and sand mafias uprooted and threw away the barricading at night. Since then, barricading has not been done again, due to which the operation of heavy vehicles loaded with sand has started in full swing.
Now the situation is that like before, the operation of trucks, Hiva, containers and trailers has started again with sand. All this is happening as if the owners of heavy vehicles are openly challenging the administration. It was also said in the letter issued that the complete ban on the operation of heavy vehicles will continue till the next security clearance is received. But this is not seen here.
Local people say that if the operation of heavy vehicles continues in this manner, a major accident can happen. There are hundreds of shops under the overbridge and there is also movement of common people. Anything can happen at any time, due to which an atmosphere of fear prevails among the people of Bihiya Mandi. Regarding this situation, senior JDU leader Lal Bahadur Mahato is also continuously raising his voice to ban the operation of heavy vehicles.
Local people say that why the police is not challaning such vehicles? This discussion is now on the tongue of the people. If the administration continues to ignore this problem, then not only will the risk of accidents caused by the operation of heavy vehicles increase, but it will also put the safety of local traders and the general public in danger. It should be noted that in the letter issued, the responsibility of this was given to the police of Jagdishpur and Bihiya.
When Jagdishpur SDM Sanjeev Kumar was talked to regarding the matter, he told that the movement of heavy vehicles on ROB has been completely stopped till further orders. He told that an order has been issued regarding this today also. Barricading will be done again. If the operators of heavy vehicles do not strictly follow the order, then a fine will also be imposed on being caught.
What's Your Reaction?
Like
0
Dislike
0
Love
0
Funny
0
Angry
0
Sad
0
Wow
0



